Saturday, April 25, 2015

Stay.

And at that moment I realized
I saw through my own disguise
The cape, I said, could make me fly
And they believed my every lie
With an S on my chest
I'll go on a quest
To help the depressed
To sort out this mess
With a cape on my back
I'll defend the attacked
There was nothing I lacked
Except power, at that
And this week was out of my hands
A billion problems no one understands
I cannot fly if I can't even stand
I'm no "Super Girl," don't know Superman
I became a liar that night
The moment I said that I was alright
Oh but they shouldn't worry, 'cause I'll end up fine
Just like I do every time
You didn't ask, and I knew you cared
Saw through my mask, and my pain was shared
You already knew, and then you were there
It's harder each night when I feel it's unfair
I thought maybe I could be a superhero
I knew this week was gonna be hard
But I came to no one's rescue
I just let it fall apart
There was nothing that I didn't say
Zero shots I didn't take
I tried so hard to make a way
And yet, I couldn't save the day
I couldn't comfort those in need
I couldn't help anyone sleep
It's hard to talk when you can't breathe
My words fell flat when pain cut deep
Another time it followed through
Another dream of losing you
Another mountain I can't move
Another time I called it soon
I'm sorry that I couldn't help
I'm sorry for the things you've felt
I'm sorry that you've always dealt
With things I can't undo myself
I'm reminded of my shortcomings
I'm reminded that my strength's nothing
I'm reminded that I'm still bluffing
Of course the pain is here, still cutting
And I'm sorry to you, for everything wrong
I now think of you when I hear that song
About what we've felt, about the teardrops
'Cause the hurt runs deep, the pain lasts long
I never meant to cause it, friend
Or hurt you like she hurt me then
"Don't feel bad," is what you said
But we've both felt that almost-end
I know it's almost good by now
I know we've mostly figured this out
But just because they don't know how
Doesn't mean you never drowned
I'm sorry to my everyone
What I say's never enough
The words escape, they always run
So cry to Him, 'cause He's the One
I'm not a superhero, see
No one's ever scared quite like me
No one's ever cared quite like me
It hurts and all the blades cut deep
But when I let it go, I'll breathe
'Cause when I talk to You, You're healing me
I never have the words to say
That everything will be okay
But my words hold you when I pray
You're remembered every day
Don't give up, don't fall away
I know the skies are turning gray
But I know that He'll make a way
Just promise me that you will stay

No comments:

Post a Comment