Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Monsters

Maybe I won't tell you why
Don't say that, but please don't lie
Oh my gosh I hate goodbyes
Now I'm feeling sick inside
So if I could take away the loneliness
Fly off to a different place
Fix it with all my toughness
Be strong and put on a new face
If I could take the words I speak
And tattoo them where you could see
Would people start to listen to me?
I need to get up, I need to start the day
But will a lack of motivation keep me awake?
And the train comes forward, and the dam breaks
Now I'm thinking to Mercury and back, but I don't wanna fall away
Would someone come and save me from
The monsters in my head?
'Cause I defeated them yesterday
But they never stay quite dead
It's like I've got enough to beat them
But I've gotta do it again and again
While you guys are at prom
I'm filling them with lead
And my head
Oh, my head
Thinks maybe I'm in over my head
That these new waters that I tread
Will leave me bleeding like I always bled
And that my eyes, too, will be red
And so I think of other things instead
But I end up there again
It's like I can't trust what you said
And my brain has been misled
Sorry for the dramatic rhymes
But man, this is all I've got
Maybe I should be indecisive
But then again, maybe not
And I still haven't gotten out of bed
My head hasn't moved from the pillow
Am I afraid that the buckets of stress
Will leave me weeping again like the willow?
Oh, someday,
I've gotta be brave
Gotta learn to face
My fears and what I say
Oh, someday,
I've gotta learn to say
That I am quite okay
Without lying to their face
But I'm here again this time
Yeah, it's still on my mind
Yeah, still wondering why
You had to say goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment