Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"This is Me."

"Okay," she says
"Who will be serious right now?"
And my arms shoots right up
I don't know why or how

Then she asks me to stand
So I do right away
But I must have fogotten
"What am I supposed to say?"

"Just tell us about you,"
Is what she replies
So a draw in a breath
And I let out a sigh

"This is me," I begin
And it all tumbles out
Every well-hidden thing
Pouring down to the ground

I don't stop for a second
I don't stutter at all
And I stand with both feet
As my sentences fall

Finally it's gone
The things I never said
The things stabbing my heart
And pounding in my head

She asks for a reply
And I take a seat
That's when different girls
Start talking to me

And I watch other burdens
Unravel at once
Hands are being held
And tears begin to come

They sob for each other
They sob for themselves
They sob 'cause they finally
Found someone else

I've got your back
I hope that you know
Open your heart now
We're in the same boat

4 comments: