Monday, February 15, 2016

Part I


She's the making of a forest fire
Raging violently through the trees
Beautiful from far away
But screams "don't get too close to me"
She finds the fire just too much
But I could always stand the heat

He bears resemblance to an iceberg
Just peeking over all the waves
He's avoided just because they're scared
But he's the one who cries to be saved
I always saw more underneath
He's scared of drowning, but he remains

She's the clouds swirling over the earth
Always found up in the sky
And though so beautiful, she's also fragile
'Cause you don't see her in the night
I won't pull out my umbrella when she turns gray
When she breaks down and starts to cry

She's a bird soaring through the air
Drinks in the freedom of the day
So independent, yet not at all
Her heart sings of a great escape
I wonder if she'll come back down
After she up and flies away

He's the wind beneath her wings
To hold her up but keep her close
To others he seemed invisible
But if you looked, you'd always know
Like I know he'll take care of her
And still I hate to see them go

She's the stars above my head
Tiny, gigantic, living, dying
Breathing into eternity
I always pray she'll keep on trying
I never seem to reach her, she never seems to see
The very light that she is shining

She's the rose come up from ashes
Trying to breathe through what's been torn
Still such beauty, she's still so vibrant
Keeps on growing, holds her form
I can't help holding onto hope
Maybe one day she'll see more than thorns

He's the forest that grows around her
Deep and green and quiet and tall
And sometimes danger lurks within him
But he's still alive, and he's still calm
When winter comes he feels he's done
But keeps her safe when his leaves fall

He's the horizon of a setting sun
I hurry just to catch him there
His colors take my breath away
Doesn't notice when I stare
And then he's gone, a bit too fast
So radiant, so unaware

No comments:

Post a Comment