Sunday, March 13, 2016

Post Title

A couple hours makes me realize
We wouldn't be writing all this same stuff
If we saw it from the other side of the world
Don't get me wrong, depression is depression
Anxiety is fatal
But you stop getting absorbed in your problems
Or mad at your friends over stupid things
When your life is on the line

He prayed for you aloud a few months ago
And I cried
I wonder if we actually know what we're doing in most of this
And then I wonder if it's just me
Because it all builds up inside and I end up yelling at an irritating brother
Because one of my vital organs is tearing at the seams,
And once again, I told nobody
I wouldn't have seen this of sixteen from ten
Yet I'm only sixteen
And I feel as though Earth has almost spun itself out
You're walking through busy hallways
Whispering to each other that you don't have the strength to keep going
Angsty youth, trying to file in and out of place
Using a magnifying glass to find where we belong
But some of us have been stuck in the same backyard for a century
Running around
Breaking each other's hearts
On accident

What is wrong with me?
I feel like I'm digging a hole in the water
Put my head back on my pillow every night with no sign 
The birds are singing outside
And I used to sing along
Shouldn't be that hard
To tell if you're doing the right thing or not
She's in maybe a worse state
She's doing better than I am 
I lack a devotion to myself
She hits the drums and sings
I so wanted that to be me 
But I want nothing enough
I lack devotion to myself, you see

I'm spiralling
I'm confused
I can't lie about that
I know who's in charge
I'm in safe hands
I am still
Spiralling.
If I've learned one thing
It's "hold onto the truth"
You can't let your demons fight harder than you

1 comment: