Saturday, March 26, 2016

Reflection // Diffraction

But I caught my reflection in the restaurant window
And I looked so grown up
Wearing my momma's sweater
Frustrated with myself that I don't wear makeup
Grown up is okay, right?
That's what they keep telling me
But I don't wanna watch the world lose its magic
And I don't wanna stop climbing trees
Tell myself that I don't fear it
Oh, I know I'm making my way
I'm trying, I'm getting there, I know I will
All that's left to do is pray
I'm sick of apologizing to myself for growing up
And apologizing for staying a child
Burning myself alive with my voice
Poor head and heart are going wild
Whatever, I'm so done with this
It's not like I wanna die
Just sometimes don't want to exist
Growing up is okay, right?

1 comment:

  1. "But I don't wanna watch the world lose its magic" this.

    ReplyDelete