Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Second Verse

It's getting faster and slower, I swear
And nobody asked if I was ready to get there
Rebekah's leaving, Ethan wants to drive
Beautiful future, but I only stare
You can stop telling me we're not kids anymore
No one to brush our hair or make decisions for us
But I'm on the second verse of my life
And I still haven't figured out my chorus
Still being swallowed by guilt that isn't mine
Still receiving smiles from friends that aren't fine
I know that there's more to be gotten from life
But I feel the creeping want to call it quits and say I tried
I wonder if people have ever contrasted me
From what I am to what I was
I'm stuck between the worry that everyone needs me
And the fear that nobody does
I've put too much on my back again
Trying to let everyone know I'm always here
When I'm not and I cannot get through a prayer
Without bursting into tears
I know one day this will get better
The problems won't leave, but maybe I'll see
Things from a better set of eyes
In the meantime I stay on my knees
I guess I never really doubt my God
Just everything and everyone else
I know You're there, get me out of my head
Jesus Christ, save me from myself

No comments:

Post a Comment