Thursday, March 10, 2016

Accelerating

Never writes on her blog, says she doesn't have time
And if I could, I would give her mine
She rolls away the few days I have with her
Into a bundle of business, a bundle of work
I'll stop complaining to her, you gotta do what you can
And I sit at my desk and know I understand
She's got her heart set, she's chasing big dreams
While I lie in bed and wish I could believe
I thought she was supposed to be the skeptical one, wasn't she?
I was always the superhero, what happened to me?
Try to tell myself it's not because she's smarter and better
Which it is, but I can't think like that, God will use me like He'll use her
Maybe I care about her future a little more than mine
Maybe it's enough for me she knows what she's doing with her life
I just want her to have the best, and I guess that means losing her
So you keep on working love, I'll be here a while, I'm sure


No comments:

Post a Comment