Sunday, March 6, 2016

Articulate

I just wanted you to know
That sometimes emotional expression isn't my strong suit
And sometimes verbal expression isn't either
Sometimes both at the same time
But there are easily a zillion moments when you do something
Or say something
And my head just pounds,
"Wow."
Like when you say she's my sister, I'm not hers
Or set down a glass of Coke in front of me
Or hold the door for the millionth time
Or hug me for "no reason"
Or say something so sweet and meaningful I might die
Or call me to just talk with me forever
Or get "overprotective"
Or compliment a stranger sincerely
Or help someone with no reward
Or tell me I look beautiful
Or other things, too
Wow.
However, I usually just smile awkwardly
And say thanks
Or something else
Intelligent
But just a heads up,
I have those moments a lot
Sometimes maybe you can tell
But probably not, more of the time
I know I'm a pro at self-expression
And stuff
But in case you missed a lot of my well thought-out comments and compliments
That I always say at the perfect time
So you know exactly what I'm feeling
And just how much I adore you
And how grateful I am for you--
In case you don't catch all that,
Just know that my head is thinking
"Wow.  Just, wow."


No comments:

Post a Comment