Monday, October 27, 2014

Floor It

The things I pen
Those endless ends
Now I will cease
To make your sense
I'll walk alone
Alone, alone
But I'm still fine
They all should know
And I will stand
So take my hand
My hopes will number
Grains of sand
I hear footsteps
In the night
And it takes too long
To know they're mine
There is no one in the room
That I see through the mirror
No one, this I knew
The million things not clearer
If a girl I could see
She would have insisted
"Don't try to fix me,
"I'm non-existent."
I learned this new phrase
One I'll surely use
'Cause I need to get away
Sometimes I can't choose
I walked alone before it
Think I tried to ignore it
My heart, I probably tore it
So get in the car and floor it
Wanted to run
Pretend it wasn't there
Escape to the sun
Pretend I didn't care
But that was for a long time ago
I don't live there anymore
Thank goodness I'm not alone
Though one set of footsteps hits the floor
I just have to try
Try to remember
Those people don't lie
Things have gotten better
And I can't understand that place
Not at all, not one bit
Because it really hurt me sometimes
 But I'm so attached to it
It kinda feels like home
Though I felt so judged
I always walked alone
But still I held no grudge
That pier gives me this ache
Because I grew up there, you see
So at home and out of place
And it was torn away from me
It pains me going back
I'm begging to know why
The slowest heart attack
But still, I never died
Well, my head now hurts
And I wanna close my eyes
I should stop messing with words
And sleep while I can tonight
Off to dream, I swore it
The more left out, the more fit
And dream-land will record it
So get in the car and floor it



(Wrote this last night. Late, in case you couldn't tell. xD)

2 comments: