Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wendy-Bird

Good morning and goodnight
I love this pretty light
And now that I have the time
All this nonsense I shall write
It's really, really fun
You can write about anyone
I think I'll write about the evening sun
Oh, it's beautiful at dusk
It's time to reflect
What shall happen next?
I love the little song
That you hear from a music box
Mechanical pieces clicking each other
Creating a sound without a flaw
And oh!
I never answered your questions
And so
Here's my answer I'll mention
Yes, why, yes I do
All of those and a billion others too
I even daresay I recall more than you
And I'll say it with a smirk,
'Cause I know that it's true
I was actually laughing as I read them
But I also wanted to cry
All the moments that we had then
And the ones that will come with time
Well, there's also something I have to say to Baylie
Yes you
Do you know you're amazing?
'Cause I'd walk awfully far
To tell you that you are
Don't listen to the people that say
You're not set apart
Because, really,
They're wrong.
And here's to my sister
If she reads this someday
Because everyone loves her
In a thousand different ways
And I do most of all
The pictures hanging on the wall
Are seconds of time frozen in place
But now those seconds seem so small
And they are so weird to look at
For me to say, "I remember taking that"
Like fragments of my life
That I will never get back
Every day
So very strange
So very strange indeed
And oh, hey
Speaking of strange
My friends still talk to me
I don't get it
Never will
But despite that
I love it still
Oh, that day was amazing
Like standing underneath confetti
Singing along like,
"I know this song!"
And watching Josh Dun get so sweaty
Screaming youth
Singing truth
And rapping things
Adults once knew
The things they've felt 
Would make you melt
Grown ups are grown up kids
They weren't born already excelled
If that's what you call it
I personally stall it
"Come and catch me if you can,
"Time!
"Yeah, trust me, I know Peter Pan,
"Time!"
As if I can escape it
Pretend I can delay it
But I've learned even Peter's afraid
He just doesn't like to say it
But there's one good thing
I can say off the top of my head
One good thing about growing up
But I think I'll just leave it unsaid
Yeah, I'll just leave it unread
I love you guys, you know it
I get online, muttering, "priorities!"
Then all like "OH MY GOSH YOU POSTED."
'Cause I also love reading all your things
My feet land on every other step
When I run upstairs
Because it's far to slow to walk
Man, I really just don't care
My blinds are open if I turned
If I were up there
If I ran every other step
If I were upstairs
If I did it
Didn't quit it
Should've said it
When I met them
And all the guns are aimed at me
They are firing with words
Behind the trigger I think I can see
I'm the one shooting Wendy-bird
Will she fall from the sky?
Will I fall when I cry?
With every sigh
hate goodbyes
The stains on that pillow
Are proof I don't lie
This was never about me
So don't ever doubt me
When I'm speaking through these rhymes
But gosh, you just found me
When those guns surround me
But the water that hates me
Will still fail to drown me
Yeah, those liars that hate me
Still fail to uncrown me
And it would seem
That the people I don't know
Are only growing stranger
And the bodyguards I have
Are the ones causing the danger
The one time you give me the key
To unlocking your new code
Is the time I can't figure it out
Unlike the rest when you didn't know
I'm remembering you tonight
Because you really help me fight
You don't even have to try
You just help me every time

7 comments: