Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Still Doesn't Work

Let me capture this moment
While I'm not a mess
Put it on paper and fold it
Hold it to my chest
'Cause the minute I think the world is great
It falls apart again
And the minute I'll tell you I'm going to break
The horrid feeling ends
Get ready, please do
Because the words now are coming
I'm about to plunge into
One of those posts that keeps running
On and on it goes
It's late and I don't know
How much sense it's gonna make
But at least it's not for show
Maybe I should go to bed...
Nah, too many words inside my head
If I could catch my breath
I think that just might be best
Please forgive all of my typos
It's not a humanly hour
And I might be going psycho
But all the best people
Think outside the box
Even if the mind is inside
They dash fast as a fox
I hate how people hate you
Or me, or him, or her
We might do the same too
And you can't be sure
To make yourself feel better?
Is it worth that all?
'Cause tripping someone up
Is an excellent way to fall
You might get "ahead" in life
By not doing what you should
And you might be great someday
But will it cost you being good?
There she stands by the door
Waiting for someone she'll try to ignore
Just a ghost of the sort
Of the person I may have been before
For two long years I fought that war
But winners don't fight anymore
I've got this bucket that sits in the corner
Full of drops made out of paper
And my joy's in the form of that water
'Cause people thought of Emily and wrote those words for her
I can sleep content tonight
I did all I could,
And I did alright
Sometimes I write so I forget
It doesn't work, it hasn't yet
'Cause I forget to forget
And with myself, I've won a bet
Because no matter what I do
You're always somehow bleeding through
And I remember what I've tried not to:
You're not here, I'm missing you.

4 comments:

  1. incredible. this is probably one of my favorite poems you've written!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks guys. :) I don't really get why though, lol. xD It's kinda random... But thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete