Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What is Right

The one thing I want to say
I could walk down the sidewalk
To worlds far away
And never find someone the same
Seven billion people
And none of them came
Even close
There's this rope
That I tied to a shooting star
Saying, "I wanna go home!
"Take me to where you are."
But you'll always appear very far
And speaking of those
I'm holding my hope
Got tons inside this heart
Though it is hard
I'll tell you I'm not letting go
By the way, my love for what you've all penned
I must say will never depend
On whether or not I recommend
It or copy and paste and then send
Singing, "Thank you for being there,
"Dear God, 'cause it had me running scared."
But my point for tonight
Is get up and fight
You battle the night
And keep what is right

No comments:

Post a Comment