Sunday, December 14, 2014

Safe and Sound

Through the gutter
And out the pipe
Goes all the water
I hear tonight
I know you don't like it
When water pours
Through atmosphere's
Unclosing doors
So then, I'm sorry,
I will say
That all of that
Happened today
Still, I'd like
To say we're safe
In memories
Of yesterday
I hope that all is well for you
In truth, I hope to see you soon
Still, we're both under one moon
Even if it's disappeared from view
So rain, rain,
Pour on down
But you and I
Will be safe and sound
Allow me to say,
That someday, somehow,
We'll finally
Figure all this out
Under so much pressure,
So much doubt
But you and I
Will be safe and sound
Because if life is like ice skating
Then I'd know most of all
That some days you fly smoothly
And some you just fall
But if both your hands
Never leave that wall
Well, would you ever live?
Or would you just crawl?
So I make mistakes
Tripping over my skates
And yet I know that the ice under me
Will not break
This foundation, you see,
Is not going to shake
And it helps that you help me
Along the way
Peter was a middle child
And Wendy was not the oldest
But keep a secret: through all their trials
They may have grown the boldest
That's the first time she skated to Neverland
And oh, what fun it was
And you know she could barely stand
But like flying, it only takes trust
So don't forget
You're in my head
I pray before
I go to bed
And these words that I say
Will carry on in my sleep
For the tests that you take
And the confidence you keep
So don't worry,
It'll all turn out
Keep our heads up,
And stand our ground
Then when we fly,
We won't come down
And you and I
Will be safe and sound

5 comments: