Saturday, December 6, 2014

There She Is

If it's time for honesty
I'll give it at it's best
If you don't want to see the ugly me
You shouldn't read the rest
You see,
I'm aiming at the center of a target
And me,
Well my arrows miss the farthest
Step out of this house
She's right behind me
And I swear
Their eyes compare
But I am never seen
Thin, messy hair
Tell you I don't care
A face with zero make up
Wish that I'd just shut up
Bad posture, bad name
If girls like competition
Then I'm losing the game
I really don't need their opinions
I've known that my whole life
But I'd like to be my own
That's what I've wanted all this time
Appearance is so petty
I've probably told you how I hate it
But it's not just that that torments
And I will not try to change it
Well, you should know that I struggle
I have many doubts
Give me an ounce of grace
'Cause I'm being open now
Sometimes I look around me
With more than just my eyes
And what I notice scares me
While I turn left and right
Around me is but a breath
And nobody is there
Around me is but a breath
Just a breath of empty air
It's one of the flaws sown into my skin
That I feel like I'd walk miles
Before I find someone who cares
I've been like this for a while
And I fight it
Gosh, I fight it
I do everything I can
I burn and I ignite it
Trust me, I've tried it
I've knotted
And I've tied it
I wrote it on some paper
And posted on my blog
I've thrown it through the window
I've turned it to a song
But no matter what
It always comes to haunt
And no matter what
It kills me all day long
I just have to lose it
And know it
Tell myself
I'm my own
Tell myself
It's okay
I could never be
Never will
Wouldn't seem
To exist that way
Wouldn't know
I shouldn't be
Won't be
Can't be
I am not
Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment