Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Unclever

The very first time I did this 
I was scared to even start
Almost couldn't hit "publish"
It's nonsense from my heart
Because my fall-back
When I'm weak and when I'm strong
Is to translate it to rhymes 
To a post that lasts so long
And now it's second nature
I come here and drop it off
So if anybody reads this
I'm sorry for it all
And it's okay if you find it
Unoriginal, unclever
I find it that way myself
Different words just put together
But I have to get it out somehow.
You see, I'm not so fond of mirrors
Because they demand perfection
They limit who I am
To my idiot reflection
I wish to be so much more
I could be someone who stands
I want to be more inside
Who knows? Maybe I am.
There's a lovely girl in the mirror
And it's evident, she's more within
She doesn't even have to try
It's not a fight she has to win
She's absolutely beautiful 
If she was gone they would all miss her
In front of the sink, she stands next to me
For this girl's my older sister
And I'm sorry
But I'm being real
It's not me
But something I feel
And again, it's okay
But they can be so blind
Wrapped up in everything else
It takes more than their eyes
The dandelion and the rose
Each of them sprouts up and grows
On different paths they both will go
There are some things you never know

No comments:

Post a Comment