Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bandage

Sirens
Blaring yards away and
Future
Becoming now today
Explosions
Knocking out the life and
We're just
Trying to survive but
Dreamers
Aren't taken alive
They're not taken alive
They're not taken alive

Glass shards
Burning in my hands and
You're still
Trying to understand
But we sink
In this town of fire
You know
Our situation's dire
But they turn
Around and call us liars
I think I'm bleeding fire
We've been labeled "liars"

Bullets
Flying through the air
They're dropping
Bombs on everywhere and
You stop
To bandage up my hands
And I cry
'Cause I don't understand but
Maybe
We wrote in the sand
Don't need a plan
Don't need a plan

Pitchforks
And screaming in the distance
I hear your
Heartbeat when I listen
They start
Showering us with curses
You ignore
And I never heard it
Tell me
That nobody is perfect
Was this even worth it
I know it was worth it

Destruction
Is this city's name and
Rubble
And buildings are the same
Fingers
Pointed in the fuss and
Louder
'Cause nothing here is just
But it wasn't us
It wasn't us

No comments:

Post a Comment