Monday, March 16, 2015

Level of Loud

The pillow sits there late tonight
Untouched, not bothered, but in my sight
I wonder if I used it and closed my eyes
I'd fast-forward to morning light
And thus my mind travels far away
Till I'm dreaming of another day
I've gotta get this workload out of my way
"God help me get through," I pray and I pray
I see myself on a road
Setting my baggage down
'Cause it's making me slower
And helping me drown
But alas; soon enough
It's back in my arms
I'm safe from protection
And open to harm
These are the days
That I'm taking this road
And when I focus
On where I will go
I pick up the burdens
And don't even know
Holding these problems
And half I don't own
Yeah, all of this baggage is
Slowing me down
On the days I get tired
But won't turn around
When my screams and my words are
Both the same sound
But each has a different
Level of loud
It's a trust issue Emily,
Now you're open about it
You don't trust Him enough
So get on your knees and shout it
It's time to make a move
It's time to let them go
It's time to let Him choose
Where He wants you to go
So I'll go
Anywhere You want,
Anywhere You want,
Anywhere You want me
So I'll go
I'll go
Twelve o' clock break down
Oh, this is fun
Time to watch her cry out
And I'll pray till she's done
Too many things here
That she can't go through
Guess it takes a while for her
To learn she doesn't have to
Soon enough she's on her feet
Only a few tears tonight
Maybe her trust starts to build
And she's still got a fight
If she is me then I am weak
But You're the only strength I seek
Through You I'm strong, it's never me
And Father, that's why I'm on my knees
The pillow sits there late tonight
Untouched, not bothered, but in my sight
I wonder if I used it and closed my eyes
I'd fast-forward to morning light

No comments:

Post a Comment