Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Blood.

It came so suddenly
And it knocked the breath right out of me
Now my stars are falling down
And when I look at the night, the night's all I see
To remember a certain face
There are some things you can never replace
So ask me what's wrong again
But I will never know what to say
Let me explain to you what aquiver means
It means that when I finally sleep
All I do is dream and dream
About the most grief-stricken things
And all my fears are what I bleed
And I think and think and think
About the girl who doesn't know that she's gold
About the boy with stories untold
About a girl whose world I stole
About a boy who can't grow old
About a girl I cannot mend
About a boy I call my friend
About a girl whose heart she sent
About a boy who up and left



I'm sorry Mom that I don't sleep sometimes
I absorb emotions at night
People tell me they're not mine
But I'd take a bullet for the friends that stay by my side
(And don't)
And I'm sorry Dad for all the times
You try to get a word from me, and I only cry
Maybe I'm too sensitive for this life
But never think I never try
I discovered how it can rain from the ceiling
It's called an introspective thunderstorm
And the water's what I call feeling
I only wish the walls were all soundproof
So I could let it out sometimes
And I won't let you help with the roof
People teach me about what's wrong
So I learn to recognize each kind of problem
That's when my life becomes like my algebra
'Cause I can't figure out how to solve them
And then they start blurring
Right in front of me
Like they even ever needed
To become more confusing



I told a lie to the mirror once
After sobbing on the bathroom floor
It comes with the rarest personality type
Said I couldn't take it anymore
When do you seek help?
Is it when your thoughts are haunting you
And you don't even know yourself?
So come back here and bleed on a piece of paper
The ink rubs across my hand, telling my head, "You know you shake her."
But once it's down, I'll be okay
And save it for another day
But maybe that's when I should pray
Whenever I feel like a waste
'Cause there's a girl who says they'll never stay
A boy who's feeling quite the same
A girl who's known a world of pain
The boy who says he'll wait and wait
A girl who'll never let me help
A boy trying to know himself
A girl who's trying not to yell
A boy who made me question myself


Don't remind me of the past
I think of it enough
All the things that somehow last
Even thought they're said and done
But maybe I should speak of it
'Cause there's fear
That burrows here
And maybe talking could get rid of it
Don't wish away your life, for me
Don't throw yourself away to see
(That I cared more than anything)


2 comments: