Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ever Silent

I used to write rhymes with the intent of a grade
But now I just do it so that I don't break
Or at unearthly times when I'm still wide awake
There's no art to this, there's too much to say
The words aren't English, and they might as well
Be written in Hungarian, Chinese, or Welsh
Because they mean nothing to anyone else
So I come to my public blog and write to myself
I pour out the truth right here at this desk
It comes through my eyes, a ripping ache in my chest
In confusing rhymes, you don't know I confess
But it's here all the same, and I'm never at rest
They're arguing and they don't know what about
But they need someone somehow to witness their shouts
That cover the screams and the fears and the doubts
But I'm just relieved the sun's finally out
There, however, are shadows that make me less sure
'Cause inside's alright just as much as under
Would I give the nod if you gave me the word?
Because there in my bloodstream, there's always her
She emails my sister and smiles at me
But I look in her eyes and the pain's all I see
And there's reason 1 of why I can't sleep
I'm getting too deep, I'm getting too deep
Sleep's just another task on the list
One I can't cross out as much as I wish
I never said a word, or made a promise
I never did a thing, I never asked for this
They tell me to let go of this thought of mine
And that I'll have peace if I just give her time
But if you had much sense then you'd see she's not fine
They tell me to forget her, but that would be a crime
I can't let go you see, because she's still hurt
I could not even if you gave me the world
To forget is my fear, 'cause I know that girl
Doesn't deserve to be forgotten like prints in the dirt
A paradox, it is, the fear of forgetting
"So forget your fears," but I'll end up regretting
They don't understand, but I feel they're all betting
"How long will she last?" and I feel the stage setting
But I'm not here to ask for your pity
I'm just stuck inside the process of admitting
That I'm just one face in this enormous city
Where people wear masks over the faces they're forbidding
That's the thing with me, I'm a little too real
Even if all of my pain is concealed
If I pretend not to think or to feel
I won't pretend to be you, and there's my truth, sealed
There was this question that I used to ask
I groaned to myself, "How long will this last?"
I tried to hold on as I was fading fast
But I've learned to keep my head up and swear it'll pass
So I gotta be strong in times such as these
Where I can't communicate to you what I mean
Where there's a large list of all of the things
That they can't yet understand, or ever, it seems
I carry these burdens and lay them down with words
That's why a blog; not as much the rhythmic lure
This took too long, but it's for when it hurts
To be ever silent, and not to be heard

No comments:

Post a Comment