Monday, March 16, 2015

Long Enough

If I asked anyone this morning
Then they would tell me that nothing's wrong
The only thing that they don't realize
Is just how painful it is you're gone
"I won't miss you,"
Oh, the words in my head,
I'm such a liar now
So I don't say it again
What a strange and new sensation
This whole "being in this place"
If someone would have told me a year ago
I might've punched them in the face
So is it true?
That I'm in this world today?
Because I feel like my life might be
An imaginary, little place I've made
And it's strange how it plays out
'Cause really today
The one tragic thing's that
You're planets away
But maybe it isn't all that far
I guess it depends on perspective now
But I don't really know
The memories of you are just awfully loud
I'll get up
And I'll walk to the mirror and see
That girl is brave or
Just some messed up version of me
But I'll wait for the moment
And push through the day
I'll do it so long
Long enough to call it brave
And just when they tell me that I've won
I'll come to a battle that's oh so long
And now this is getting old
If I fight then am I strong?
So today is today
And I'll make it on through
Still kind of upset that
I'm not there with you
But some days you've gotta let it go
Because soon enough you won't be alone
But I am just so good
At holding on to you
So once again I'll say
We'll make it through

No comments:

Post a Comment