Monday, March 30, 2015

Blades

To start the day
When I'm awake
Keeps getting harder
Just wanna stay
Here where I'm safe
And go no farther

I raise my head
Sit up in bed
And now I'm hurting
Like I'd be dead
Oh, yet again
Before the morning

I try
But I can't seem to grasp it
The thought that I'll be okay
I cannot seem to grasp that
I'll be fine by the end of today

Another day
Another way
I say I'll make it through
A million ways
That you won't stay
But still I'll think of you

Another time
That I will try
To get out of this bed
But it feels
Just all too real
Like I'm being stabbed again

Like there are blades
Stopping me
From getting up again

I try
But I can't seem to grasp it
The thought that I'll be okay
I cannot seem to grasp it
That I'll be fine by the end of today

[So again I hit my knees and pray]

No comments:

Post a Comment