Saturday, June 20, 2015

Blisters

The week has now ended
The memories float in the air
And some settle in our minds
Forever remaining there
I will never forget
Just watch me retain it all
And bring it back up again
In fifteen summers and falls
But I woke up at seven this morning
Without my alarm for once
And the memories felt more like scars
Cut into all of us
Nothing about it hurt
But oh, does it hurt now
And I just had to wake up at seven
With too much to think about
My hands are sore
From tugging a rope
From straining too hard
From trying to cope
I'm pulling the rope
I'm fighting for you
'Cause you're too hard to find
And too easy to lose
And now I've got blisters from
Things that I choose
If I lost this war I'm not
Sure what I'd do
'Cause you've always been more
Than I can explain
And yet, I still try to
Find something to say
Don't know what happens to my heart
When you look at me
All the things that you do
Now I never wanna leave
You may have felt like you were fighting
Over the course of this week
I'm not sure if you even tried
Or just let it be
But you didn't have to do a thing
No one else could ever measure up
I'll always come to you
And to you I'll always run
I never got a splinter
But I feel like I've got a million
They go by a different name, though
"The days till I see you again"

No comments:

Post a Comment