Thursday, June 11, 2015

Two

Then we woke up
Showered and all
Had our team times
They bounced off the wall
And there I still sat
Smiling, but small
I said I was quiet
Hannah said she was tall
She called me a nerd
When I fangirled with Jordan
Little did she realize
It was her soon-obsession
We listened to Nathan Smith
We drew asdf
They bought themselves snow cones
We goofed off at rec
Once Austin Adams
Came and sat down
Right at our table
With all us around
We talked about yogurt
He was using a fork
We teased him about it
Hannah said she used a knife, of course
The conversation moved
To some out-of-whack cockroach
Who Austin Adams said
Laid eggs in an envelope
One woman licked it
Accidentally had to taste
And I watched you during the story
Laughing at your disgusted face
The cafeteria was crowded
We waited for lunch
You held the doors open
And smiled a bunch
Hannah spoke of the monkey
From "The Lion King"
You said it was a baboon
Like you knew everything
We visited Grace's cabin
She visited ours
Rebekah put my hair up
After every shower
On the way to the pool
I saw Cole by himself
I invited him along
With me and everyone else
"Okay," he said
Quite hesitantly
Then told me to send him away
If he should bother me
I was a bit surprised
I assured him, and then laughed
But it kinda hit me hard
Guess I saw part of me in that
He ended up hanging
With another group of friends
So I stayed with mine
And jumped in the deep end
Grace and Hannah tried to
Convince me to ride
That uncanny tube
They call "water slide"
I'm not sure if I
Ever gave in
But then we swam over
To the shallow end
Jacob put his leg
Over his shoulder
And used it like some cannon
Over the water
All the boys' fingers
Were bleeding from gaga ball
But your cuts were from the hoop
When you played basketball
You and Nick climbed the tree
Sideways it grew
And Josh then attempted
But he wasn't smooth
I can still see our table
There at Snack Shack
And I hope you have fun
Getting our memories back

2 comments: