Thursday, June 11, 2015

Whispers

The clouds are distant, but they try to remind me
That you're still coming back
You could call it a fail of a comfort to me
When the sky tonight turns black

The air is nice and the church kids are cool
Their laughing echoes through the air
And the air that I breathe is full of you
But you breathe over there

I think that we're all invisible
Whispering SOS, but no one understands
Funny how we're all invincible
Except for at our own hands

I asked you to let me sleep
When I finally did I received a nightmare
Is it ironic that those of us who dream
Don't sleep at night without those there?

And at camp, the emotions were frightened and many
Everyone got scared away
Chasing them off, but they never left me
I was the only one that stayed

I wonder if you'll wanna say goodbye
Once you leave me again
Or if it's just easier next time
To leave the word unsaid

Here's the story of my night
I want no sympathy
They say to my mom, "You're daughter's so full of life"
But I'm afraid it isn't me

Your feet move like piano keys
My heart's under attack
The nightmare isn't leaving me
And I'm whispering, "come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment