Monday, June 15, 2015

Parenthesis

I'm sorry, but maybe it's gotta come out
So what would you say
What would you say if I'm scared
If the worst thing is always going through my brain
If I attend your funeral on accident
Playing always in my mind
Or in my quite nightmarish dreams
When I fall asleep at night
If I count down the days
If I try to let go
See, I've tried to spare you
From things that you don't know
If I wake up
If I fall asleep
If I keep my eyes open
And try not to dream
If I don't know I'll make it
If I swear that I will
If this is it for our summer
And I'm dreading until
If I suddenly realize
I'd welcome algebra and school
If I could only
Keep you here too
If I'm too scared to say it
If I don't talk at all
If I stand there silently
And watch the rain fall
I don't wanna tell you
That I could go on all day
But I've just got one question
What would you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment