Friday, June 12, 2015

Three

It's pretty funny
The things I remember
How Hannah and I groaned
About a lack of screwdriver
You goons pretended
To be counselors
We laughed as we talked
About the future
Bananas were good
I found an old one in my backpack
I think I tried to give it to Grace
But I guess she denied that
You and Hannah went
To go and buy snowcones
And I sat at the table
Pretty much alone
But you came and asked me
If I wanted one
I said no thank you
But you weren't done
You asked if I liked them
To which I said yes
Then you ran to the counter
Well, I should have guessed
I don't think I told y'all
But I ended up spending
All of my cash on
The missionaries they were sending
I left for the restroom
But when I came back
A blue raspberry snowcone
By my seat it sat
We all got blue Trek shirts
Then went to get lunch
I said, "Hey you in the blue!"
And the girls laughed a bunch
Grace grinned and told me
"That sounds like something Joseph would say!"
And I said, "Yeah, I guess it was Josephish,"
'Cause I make up words all day
We got to your table
And laughed when we found
That "Hey you in the blue!"
Is something you called out
You made blue mashed potatoes
With your powerade
Went up to the counter
And filed a complaint
"Excuse me, my mashed potatoes are blue,"
I laughed so hard I cried
The guys spilled lemonade
Yep, they did that twice
I didn't get out in dodgeball
When the rest of my team did
Jordan was opposing
I almost hit that kid
When I was walking to my cabin
You galloped to meet my stride
And told me your last name backwards
As you walked by my side
Then one hour there was drama
And I was scared to death
Searching everywhere for you
Praying in my head
I talked with Grace and Hannah
They panicked about the mess
I kept saying it would be okay
That I would fix it, or try my best
Waited for a while in the prayer room
Cause some kid in the distance resembled you
Guess even then I needed glasses
Because my heart sunk when I saw the truth
Fast forward ten minutes, we're all at the table
But quiet as my mind wasn't
Weak attempts to make everyone laugh
But after a bit I was done with it
So I got up and left
I walked and walked away
Until my feet just dragged
And I could barely say
I sat down by a gate
Leaning my head back
Then saw Nick come my way
And avoided eye-contact
Sure enough, he saw me
Tried to make it okay
Ruffled up my hair
And then he walked away
I headed to my cabin
After a few ant bites
Then changed for espionage
And got ready for the night
That's when the girls burst in
Worried sick about me
They told me it was being worked out
And everything would be as it should be
I jumped with joy and it was okay
Next time I talked with you
The night was amazing and espionage great
A Russian Austin Adams' overview
I gave Grace half of my life stick
When somebody took hers
Because I'll readily do something like that
And I'll look after her first
We had to sing Taylor Swift
And then Owl City
We made it across once
Well, maybe, I think
Christian shined a flashlight
Right into my eyes
You know man, I really appreciated that
But don't think I was surprised x)
"With Everything" was amazing
And our God is even greater
I hope you see Him down there
And I will see you later

1 comment: