Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Thousand Solar Flares

I am exhausted
I am strong
I am hoping
I'm not wrong
The way home gets disappointing
Isn't home when I'm with you though?
I see the reflection of the car's side mirror
It's right here inside this window
Like a portal in the sky
In it's the street where all the cars drive
And they never fall out
They only pass by
So I stayed up late
Filling in a map
I colored the places
With green, pink, but black
Was used for the letters of countries so far
Might as well just reach for the stars
I traced rivers and named cities
And thought of places oh-so-pretty
I am on my way
Just give me a few days
My eyes wanted to close
But my mind opened up
And the worries poured in
From calamity's cup
You have to tell yourself things sometimes
Just so you can make it
You have to calm your heart some nights
Just so you don't break it
We'll leave, darling
We'll go see those stars
I'll help you feel better
One day we'll be far
The pen's still writing
Ocean names now
Sometimes you have to
Say it out loud
You'll get it done
It'll pass in time
She'll be okay
He will be fine
Now get some sleep, dear
Go and try
And I'll try to calm
Your active mine
But can I sleep
When lives are at steak?
Now, settle down
You bend, you don't break
Remember?
No.
Maybe I'll cast my fishing net
Out into the sky
And just gather up all of the stars
If it takes too long to fly
And I'll give them to you one by one
Diamonds don't compare
Maybe I could cheer you up
With a thousand solar flares
Maybe those footprints on the moon
Actually belong to me
Maybe a million years is "soon"
'Cause that's what you said to me
I'm trying to live happily
And I'd say that I'm succeeding
I'm trying to live happily
But they cut down my cherry tree
I am listening
To your song
I am pretending
Time's not long
I am right here now
I'm not gone
I am exhausted
I am strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment