Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hope Out the Window

Today is different now
I titled my poem first
I titled it before
I even wrote one verse
I don't like to be constrained
By rules, 
They only suffocate
So I'm sorry if you're choking on my words
But I can't have rules on my blog
It just hurts
The sun's coming out soon
But as of today
I'm happy with the rain
You should see me dancing in my room
If it would make you laugh
Gosh, I'd like you back
This is beautiful, dear, this life that we have
And I'd like you back
If you could come back
Just come back
Oh, it's raining outside
But my sky is big and bright
And as of today
Good things, my dear,
Are coming our way
Even in the rain
Good things, my dear,
Are coming our way
There are pictures of you on my bucket
But unaware,
I put them there,
And didn't know it was you yet
I've said this before
And for
You I'll say it again
God foreshadows
Even in the littlest details
Like a sticker of a boy fighting pirates
On my white Home Depot bucket
Little girl, little girl,
Tell me you still love the world
And little girl, little girl
Hold to your hope,
Hold it secure
They say, 
Oh they told,
"You should not have to rip yourself to pieces
"To make others whole."
Can we make an exception here?
'Cause I hear "should" and "should not"
Boy, I hear them a lot
But it never stops
Me, I'll never drop
As of today,
I'll break the should's and should-not's
As of today,
We'll all be okay,
And as of today that's a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment