Tuesday, February 3, 2015

There We Have It

What a white day outside!
Just look at the sky
Like a clean sheet's the only thing
Letting in the light
Well, way to make it
Even more dull
I've already been waiting
Hours and hours full
I'll sit here on my bed
Studying, 'cause I have time
Too much, I would say
Three years until tonight
We could take the train,
We could drive a car
We could fly a plane,
To get somewhere far
But just keep on, keep on going
The seconds moving on
It drags without them knowing
It's taking far too long
I think that I shall stare
Right at my broken chair
Ethan tried to fix it, but you see,
He got nowhere
I think people laugh
When my mind runs like a train
I'm consistently inconsistent
I'm a paradox in a frame
Don't you think it's funny how they're
Obsessing over our song?
The one we requested endlessly
And waited for for so long?
Here's the thing
I'd like to sing
But it's a tad bit hard when you're
Studying
Ugh, this is annoying, I'm not
Running out of words
And so I'll write unprofessionally
But not even to be heard
What is this
And why do I miss
You so irritatingly bad?
So flippity-dippin'-dots bad?
Well, that's always an awkward moment
When you don't want to look the same
And so you pull on a costume
But not a thing has changed
Oh rhymes, could you please leave me?
I'm over this, believe me
I need to do school, but I can't breathe
Because words can be suffocating
You know, sometimes I feel helpless
Like I'm in high heels and a nice dress
And sometimes I'm so hard-pressed
But it never lets me forget
Here's a predicament
One that's too legitimate
One I can't escape with this
So I now will write on it
"If the sun brings warmth
Why am I so cold?
And if my hands can grip
Why won't they hold?
Oh great
Oh no
I think I've let go"
But I wish I could show
And I wish you would know
Life is beautiful
You're not on your own
'Cause you and I
Are kinda the same
World on our shoulders
No one else to blame
And here we still wait
But we missed the train
Here on this bench
We soak in the pain
And I still feel like I'm screaming
Letting you know
But my cries fall on ears
That went deaf long ago
I can see you running
Full speed ahead
Towards the edge of a cliff
The path that I went
So I chase after you
I reach for your arm
But my feet aren't moving
I can't even start
Again this will happen
You drown in knee-deep
And I'm begging you to stand
Just so you can breathe
But I'm a little too far
There's too much that I'm not
I'm a little too faded
I only can watch
And there we have it, folks
The mind of a girl 
Who just doesn't know
So by writing she tries to let go
And sometimes it helps,
But it's still her own
I should take a long walk
For the sake of my head
Because now I can't talk
There's more space there instead
This is not an improvement 
Though writing just might help the movement
It doesn't take you off my mind, and
It doesn't quicken up the time

No comments:

Post a Comment