Sunday, February 1, 2015

This is War

There's a war going on outside
I hear it from this room
The air rips on straight through the sky
Pulling trees up from their roots

I hide behind this window
And all the blinds are closed
I listen to it bellow
And shiver in this cold

I have my own wars
As I listen to theirs
Mine are behind these doors
Mine are up these stairs

Save me, save me
I can't sleep
Hearing, thinking
Far too deep

Calm down, wind
You're as fine as me
Slow down, wind
I've got to sleep

If the birds could send messages
Through the sky
I'd beg them to tell me
You're alright

Something's wrong here
It's my mind
Please calm down
He's alright

But my heart's still racing
And so is my head
I am more awake
When I lie in bed

Now I curse the wind
And I cannot choose
'Cause it always wins
And I always lose

"So just close your eyes,"
But that's when I feel
That's when I lose sight
Of what might be real

Solace will not come
Even if I wait
And I cannot run
And it's far too late

If the wind would slow
I'm sure my mind would not
But with me, who knows?
Maybe it could stop

Oh but this is torture,
Are you okay?
I hope that you're asleep
That you're not awake

2 comments: