Thursday, February 5, 2015

Level Two

There are two different levels
Two different ways
Only one shovel
To bury this weight

Down, down it goes
Down I thought it'd stay
But sometimes it shows
In two different ways

Level one is right here now
I see with my eyes
Level two is beneath this
What's supposed to be disguised

Level one is what they see
What they give credit for
Level two is what I feel
Behind iron doors

They don't see the flowers
They don't see the smile
The don't see the showers
Of rain that pour for miles

They don't see the struggle
To simply stay afloat
They don't see the battle
They don't get past my moat

They don't see the brother
They don't see the tears
They don't see the others
They never knew two years

They don't see the patience
The arrows that were released
They don't see the faces
That every night I see

They don't see the armor
That I almost didn't wear
They never knew the harmer
All the bruises and the tears

They never heard the prayer
Or saw purple on my knees
And they were never there
When I was screaming please

They never lived those nights
Or had the dreams I did
They never saw the train
That keeps itself well-hid

So I know I can't expect them
To know what it all means
And I try to protect them
From all the deeper things

Level one is plenty
I'm good, I make it through
I do not think they're ready
To see my level two


4 comments:

  1. I cannot describe how great this is Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, when I read things like these, and I know everyone struggles and life
    Isn't peachy all the time, but WOW, girl you are strong! And I respect and love you for that my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete