Friday, February 13, 2015

Blood.

I'm used to this feeling
I feel it in my eyes
Perhaps it comes
Again tonight
I'm not used to healing
It comes as a surprise
But I don't lack faith
I only fight
Maybe my goal could be
More than surviving
And just trying to get through
To future days with troubles all new
So drag me through the night
And drag my through the day
I will try to stay afloat
But that's all that I can say
The sky has darkened now
To help me lose my way
And recurring words
Echo through my brain
These things take faith
These things take faith
But faith was never easy
And easy's not what I want
If you want me to make sense of this
I most certainly can not
Guess it's really a little too much
To just ask for a hug
I'm fighting things I cannot see
And losing the ones that I trust
The fuel hasn't burned out
But I'm driving through the mud
And it's only so long till I stop
And this is the war of blood

No comments:

Post a Comment