Thursday, February 19, 2015

Dollar

Bare feet on the
Cold cobblestone
I'm walking by myself
But I'm not walking alone
If there was a chance
You know I'd take it
If there was a finish line
You know I'd make it
Just to get there
Oh, it's just to get there
I could repair
You, have to get there
But the cobblestone ends
And here it drops off
And nobody told you
And you still don't stop
Your foot moves on forward
Oh no, now you'll fall
Help me help you now!
Stop waiting for the call!
And I can't,
I can't,
I cannot control a thing
There once was a girl
With the name Emily
This place, how it swirls
Around her, can you see?
Let's take a moment,
Cut through the phone
You see her talking
But she's all alone
Bullets they fly
She misses them all
Also misses the steps
And you'd think that she'd fall
But she waits for her time
Right when time's gonna snap
Too much, not enough
Can't get anything back
Wendy's alone now
But faith she won't lack
Well, I'm thinking at least
She keeps telling herself that
"Oh, I'm gonna find my way
"Watch me, it'll happen
"One of these days."
But you see, all that time
Spent right by the window
Really payed off,
Just ask her, she would know
There she sits right now tonight
Whispering, "Darling, I promise it's alright.
"We both know what's coming,
"We'll manage this fight.
"I'm not gonna leave,
"Don't you worry your mind.
"We've all made mistakes,
"We'll talk through the past times."
And this is too long,
But so are my thoughts
Skim right on through,
Read it or not
Here's the thing:
I'm pulling your fingers away from your head
Telling you point them all at me instead
Don't hurt yourself in this unlucky mess
Holding it inside wasn't meant to be best
If anything, please take it all out on me
I'll be the blame if it gives you the peace
But I can't lose another and I'm not at ease
I think of the loss when I'm trying to sleep
And when I dream I don't know what to say
Sometimes it's good, I hold to it all day
But then I get nightmares of all of these ways
I could lose someone, and someone won't stay
I'm trying to scream, please don't tell me you're deaf
I'm trying to tell you I've been where you've been
I'm trying to help you not wish you were dead
But rather, I'm going through it all again
I feel what you feel and it's hard to explain
But I can imagine just what you might say
And who you might hurt and who you might blame
I know it's not me but I want it that way.
And there it is
Have I said too much?
Or have I even
Said enough?
A penny for my thoughts
Is really to cheap
When I pour out all that I think when I can't seem to fall asleep

1 comment: