Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bedtime

I remember how it feels now
Standing in the doorway
Looking very solemn
Thinking of the past

I found myself surrounded
By all of this emotion
Looking for an exit
Feeling too at home

The daylight then was fading
Beneath the soft horizon
Like my petty hopes were
Fading all too fast

A breeze upon tomorrow
A weight upon my shoulders
It's bittersweet to think of
'Cause everything has changed
Everything has changed

I'm walking through the hallway
Feeling very patient
This was just yesterday
And now I'm unprepared

The memories come like raindrops
Falling very quickly
And I can't turn the doorknob
And I can't move my legs

I could not control it
Everything that happened
Stuck inside my feelings
Hating my own heart

Nobody could see it
Even if I told them
Even if they noticed
But they never did

Sister couldn't help me
Brother didn't know it
Friends were oblivious
And I just didn't care

She said that she was sorry
I know she really meant it
Not that she could feel it
I told her I was too

I can't believe it's over
I don't believe it's lucky
And is it all okay now
Or have I lost my mind?

Everything's alright now
But I'm afraid at bedtime
I'll wake up in the morning
And it will have been a dream
'Cause everything has changed

Now I watch the sunset
Thinking of my heart's song
Wondering about you
And everything has changed
Everything has changed

I know you can't remember
All that really happened
But I could call it vivid
And none of it's the same
Everything has changed

No comments:

Post a Comment