Sunday, February 8, 2015

Reflective.

The sun rises and it sets
But during the latter, 
I never can rest
It's so beautiful,
I always do my best
To try and take it in
But it leaves me,
Heading west
The painful truth hit me tonight
As I watched the sun take flight
That the sunset is like my moments with you
A glimpse of true beauty, always gone too soon
I go back and search for it
In almost-despair
But it's as though I
Were never there
And then the light falls down
And then the moon comes out
And then soon I am found
By the cold inside this house
If I told people about what's going on
I wouldn't get into trouble
For never speaking at the table
And maybe it's pride that makes me not talk
But I feel that it's something
With a little more meaning
It's the thoughts in my head
And the monsters under my bed
And the things I always lay down
Just to pick them up again
I don't know if I'm running
But please don't count me dead
I think I've got a chance in this
And I'm not over yet
Still, the moment holds so very much more
Sometimes I forget what I'm fighting for
And I'm very, very close to simply walking out the door
To find out what a life on the run has in store
Mirror, mirror, on the wall
Tell me, just when shall I fall?
Sympathy
Covers me
And it's such a curse at nighttime
Everything
Weighs on me
And I don't know if I fight right
I feel a start
At my desk
In my chest when I am speaking
I keep my heart
Painted red
So no one can tell it's bleeding
"Like everyone else"
Is something I can't manage
If you want to insult me
Go ahead and call me average
Because I'll hope to be strong
And I'll hope to be brave
But I don't know who I am
At the end of the day
Mirror, mirror, on the wall
I can't say a thing at all
Under the covers
On top of this bed
I'll use the two lines
Again and again
Under the covers
On top of this bed
Out of my mind
And inside my head
Maybe I could
Remember instead
All the good things
Over time that I've kept
He told me I can't carry everything
As if I didn't know
And though talking to Daddy always somehow helps
I cannot let this go
Put it down,
Pick it back up
I'm not moving forward
I'm getting more stuck
Mirror, mirror, on the wall
You are not the one I'll call
When I fall
Lose it all
The name of God
Was never small





No comments:

Post a Comment